New LinkedIn Community
I’m interrupting our series on employee engagement to let you know we’ve formed a new group on LinkedIn called Encore Careers.
We created the group to serve as a community for older workers to provide support and to share their experiences with age-related employment issues. We’ll also be sharing articles that will be of interest to older workers – and invite members to share as well.
We invite you to join our community at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8483842
If you’d like to post something on the Group Discussions, here are some guidelines to bear in mind:
- When you join, you’ll receive an email suggesting you post an introduction to yourself as a first step in making contacts with the community. It’s a great way to start a conversation.
- Share articles that relate to age-related employment issues. Articles about Retirement Planning are welcome.
- Articles about changing careers are always welcome. They’re helpful to people of all ages.
- If you have a question about employment issues, please feel free to post. Your peers can probably serve as a good sounding board or offer helpful advice.
- Please do not use the discussions to advertise or make sales pitches.
Membership is free, so please do not hesitate to join our community!